Age group definitions
Here are the Age Group Definitions for 2016.
1. Elementary (Primary) School Age: Participants maximum 12 years old in the year of competition.
2. Junior High (Middle) School Age: Participants 13 - 15 years old in the year of competition
3. High (Secondary) School Age: Participants 16 – 19 years old in the year of competition
4. WRO GEN II Football: Participants 10 – 19 years old in the year of competition
5. Advanced Robotics Challenge: Participants 17 – 25 years old in the year of the competition
• For participation in the international WRO final it is strictly enforced that students cannot, at any time in the year of the competition, be older than specified in the age group definitions.
Example: A participant that is 12 years old at the time of the international WRO final (in November), but turns 13 years old in December the same year, must participate in Junior High.
• Students younger than the age group definition have to obtain permission from the Host Country for participation in the international final and may only be approved if at least one other team member has the correct age.
• If all members of a team are younger than required, then the team must participate in the corresponding age group.
• Participation in the international WRO final is not restricted to students attending school. Anyone can participate in the corresponding age groups except for participants in the Advanced Robotics Challenge who MUST be either High School or undergraduate students
• College and university students may participate in High School competitions if their age matches the age group definition.